We work hard from the very first moment because that gets our clients the best results. -Nicole Denmon, Founding Partner
It comes down to a simple rule:
If a business invites you to their shop to sell you goods or services, it needs to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Stores Have A Legal Responsibility To Protect You From Slip And Fall Injuries
Specifically, Florida law requires a business or property owner to:
Keep his or her premises in a reasonably safe condition,
Fix dangerous conditions on the property that the business knew about or should have known about, and
Warn customers/visitors about dangerous conditions.
If a business owner or a property owner does not fulfill these requirements, then that person acted negligently and you may have a personal injury case.
Initial Steps Our Bradenton Slip And Fall Injury Lawyers Take In Every Case
The Process Makes The Difference
Remember, a slip and fall happen at a building the defendant controls. A wily corporation can remedy the problem or otherwise destroy evidence, making a personal injury case that much more difficult to prove. Therefore, the name of the game in slip and fall injury cases is to move fast.
A slip and fall attorney is a type of personal injury attorney who specifically knows how to take on a business like a restaurant or a grocery store.
In every case, we do the following:
- Secure pictures or videos of the scene of the accident.
- Seek witness statements, either from workers at the store or third-party witnesses at the scene.
- Send spoliation letters to the store or business demanding that they not destroy any evidence.
- Seek insurance policy premiums from the business.
- Hire accident reconstructionists and safety experts as needed to protect your claim.
- Ensure that you get the best possible medical treatment.
- Work with your medical treatment providers from the beginning to ensure a coordinated plan of legal attack that also gets your medical needs met.
Big Stores We Have Successfully Fought
- Westshore Shopping Mall
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- Bars, restaurants, and clubs
- Private homeowners
Situations Where A Business Owner Or A Homeowner Can Be Held Responsible For A Slip And Fall Accident In Bradenton
- Wet floors
- Foreign substances on the floor
- Slippery floors
- Boxes or open merchandise left on the floor
- Uneven floors
- Insufficiently lit walkways or stairways
- Not enough lighting in other areas of the premises
- Stairs that do not follow code
- Poorly maintained sidewalks
- Poorly maintained parking lots
- Assault in a business
- Insufficient or negligent security
Do I Have A Case If The Business Claims I Am At Fault?
What if the business owner claims that you contributed to your own injuries?
Florida is a comparative fault state. That means if you are partially responsible for your own
injuries, then your economic claim is reduced proportionally according to your own fault. However, you still have a case. The value of your case is simply reduced to account for your share of the blame.
For example, assume that your slip and fall injury case results in a $500,000 settlement claim award for you. But the evidence proves you were 20% at fault in the accident. In this case, the award for the settlement is simply reduced by the amount that you were at fault — or 20% of $500,000, which reduces the net settlement claim in your slip and fall case to $400,000.