Were you or a loved one in an auto accident? You probably have many questions. What should you do now? Will your insurance cover this accident? Do you need to hire a Florida Accident Attorney? Who pays for any medical bills?
If you are dealing with an insurance company or trying to get payment through the court system, a skilled Florida Car Accident Attorney is there for you. We will fight to get you what you deserve. Our mission is to help our clients recover from an accident in all ways so they can get back to their life.
Our Tampa Bay firm helps clients all over Florida. We are here to give you some information about car accident cases in Florida.
What is a Florida Car Accident Attorney?
A Florida Car Accident Attorney helps clients after a car crash. A car crash lawyer deals with car accident claims. He or she will:
- Investigate the facts of the accident
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- Take the claim to court if needed
When you hire a Florida Auto Accident Attorney, you get someone on your side. An expert attorney negotiates and fights to get you what you deserve. Hiring a Florida Car Accident Lawyer makes the claims process easy. He or she will make the process smooth. A Florida Accident Attorney gets what you deserve.
Personal Injury Law Firm vs. Auto Accident Attorney
A Personal Injury Attorney helps clients with a personal injury claim. This includes:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall cases
- Accidents at work
- Other personal injury claims
An Auto Accident Attorney is a type of personal injury attorney. He or she may work with other kinds of clients. However, after an accident, you should choose a lawyer who has dealt with car crash cases before.
Do your research before hiring an attorney. Check client reviews, case history, and practice areas. Our Tampa Bay Attorneys have experience in all types of Personal Injury, including car accidents.
The success of any legal matter depends on the unique circumstances of each case, therefore, we cannot guarantee particular results for future clients.
How Can You Pick the Best Car Accident Lawyer?
Choosing a car accident lawyer may seem difficult. It does not have to be. There are some things you can do to make the process easier:
- Ask your family and friends for recommendations
- Look at previous clients’ reviews
- Attend a consultation to speak with an attorney about your case
- Look for an attorney with a long history of serving auto accident victims
By following these steps, you can make sure to pick the best attorney for your case. Do your research to help you pick the best attorney to reach your goals.
What Can an Auto Accident Lawyer Do for You?
You may wonder how a Florida Auto Accident Lawyer can help you after a car crash. There are many things an experienced attorney can do to help you. Below, a few things that a car accident lawyer in Florida will do for you.
A Florida Car Crash Attorney Helps You Recover After a Car Crash
A car crash may cause serious injuries. A Florida Car Crash Attorney will tell you what steps to take after an accident. An attorney will also get compensation for your injuries. A personal injury attorney can help you get payment for:
- Medical bills
- Missed work
- Damages to your vehicle
The legal process is a headache. An accident attorney handles the legal process for you. A Florida car crash attorney prioritizes your recovery. We deal with the hard parts. We want you to focus on getting back to your life.
A Florida Car Crash Lawyer Helps You Build a Great Personal Injury Case
If you need to take your claim to court, a Florida car crash attorney will handle it. Dealing with the court system is hard. We understand this. Our Tampa Bay Personal Injury Attorneys take care of you.
A car accident attorney will do many things for you. We:
- Discuss your legal options
- File your claim with the court
- Gather all necessary information
- Fight for the recovery you deserve
- Represent you at legal proceedings
- Conduct settlement negotiations
An expert Florida attorney makes sure you do not have to worry about anything. You are in good hands with us.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Negotiates with Insurance Companies
If you file a claim with your insurance company, you may think the insurance company looks out for you. Unfortunately, this is not always true. The insurance company will look out for itself. Many times, insurance companies try to pay you less than you deserve.
A Florida car accident attorney will negotiate with the insurance company. Insurance companies can be intimidating to people. Our personal injury attorneys have experience dealing with and negotiating with insurance companies. We will tell you your options and the best steps to take.
We investigate the facts of your auto accident. We also look at the language of your insurance contract. A Florida car crash attorney knows how to interpret your contract and apply it to your case. An accident attorney will also negotiate with the insurance companies if necessary. Do not rely on the insurance company to look out for you. Speak to a skilled Florida car crash attorney to make sure you have all the tools you need.
We Help You Get Proper Treatment for Accident Injury
If you need medical care after an accident, a Florida accident attorney will help you get the best treatment. We will:
- Request your medical records from your doctors
- Help you get compensation for your injuries
- Get compensation for future medical expenses
- Get recovery for any long-term care
An insurance company may request that you attend an Independent Medical Examination (IME). A Florida auto accident attorney will talk you through it. We will make sure that an IME doctor’s report does not hurt your case. If the IME report goes against your diagnosis, we will fight it.
A Florida car crash attorney has a long history of helping car crash victims. This means an attorney knows doctors who have experience with accident victims. Your recovery is important to us. Let us help you get the best care so you can recover quickly.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are very common in Florida. Our lawyers see many accident victims and their loved ones. Why are car crashes so common? There are a few common causes of car accidents in Florida.
- Driving while distracted. This includes texting, eating, applying makeup, or adjusting the radio
- Failure to pay attention to your surroundings
- Disregarding street signs
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving or speeding
What Should You Do After an Auto Accident?
If you have been in a car crash, it is hard to think straight. You may have many questions. Many people do not know what they should do after a car accident. Taking a few steps after an accident is good for your recovery and your case. A few things you should do after a car crash:
- Call the police. After a crash, call the police to the accident. A police officer will take statements from the drivers and any witnesses. The officer will then file a report. Request a copy of the police report. Many insurance companies require a copy of a police report. A police report will also be very helpful to your lawyer.
- Get medical care. You may feel fine after an accident. However, you may have injuries you do not know about. If you do not get medical treatment after an accident, any injuries you have could get worse. An insurance company or defence team could also try to use a delay in seeing a doctor against you.
- Exchange information with the other driver. After an auto accident, you should exchange information with the driver. Write down the name, contact information, and insurance policy information. Your insurance company will usually request this information. It will also be helpful for your attorney. Write down the make, model, and license plate of the other person’s vehicle.
- Take photos and videos of any damage to your vehicle and the other person’s vehicle. Take pictures or video of the damage to both cars. You may also want to take photos of the location of the crash.
- Do not sign anything without talking to an attorney. If you are asked to sign any waiver or release of liability, do not sign these. Give your attorney any documents you are sent or asked to sign.
- Talk to a Florida Car Accident Attorney. If you or a loved one has been in a car crash, contact a skilled accident attorney. A personal injury attorney will tell you the next steps to take. We look at your case and go over your legal options. An attorney will also help file your claim and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
What Kind of Car Crash Claims Are There?
There are a few different kinds of car crash claims that can come from a car accident. Below, an overview of the different kinds of Florida car accident claims.
This is the most common type of car crash claim. Most insurance contracts deal with who the negligent driver was. The driver who is considered “at fault” is usually the one who was more negligent. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Failure to obey traffic rules or traffic signs
- Driving under the influence
In some cases, a vehicle has a dangerous manufacturing defect that caused the accident. In this case, the vehicle manufacturer may be liable for all damages caused by the accident. The dangerous defect must have been because of manufacturing. This does not apply if a driver’s failure to fix or maintain the vehicle caused the accident.
If the accident was due to the negligence of the city or other city employees, the city may be liable for damages. Examples include:
- Failure to post warning signs
- Defective streets
- Conditions the city was aware of but did not fix in a timely fashion
What Compensation Can I Get After a Car Accident?
There are different types of compensation available after a car accident. A Florida car accident attorney will help you determine what you can get. We use our knowledge of the law to get what you deserve. Below, we go over a few different kinds of compensation after a car accident.
If you become disabled after a car accident, you may be able to get benefits for your disability. The amount of benefits and for how long you receive them depends on what your disability is.
Medical Treatment Expenses
If you have medical expenses after a car accident, you can recover for that treatment. Medical expenses include:
- Medical bills for treatment
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy treatment
- Other expenses, such as ambulance rides
You may have to miss work after a car accident. You can get compensation for the days you were unable to work due to the accident. Lost wages damages compensate you for the money you would have made from work.
Pain and Suffering
In some situations, you can recover pain and suffering damages after an accident. These situations include:
- Severe and permanent loss of bodily function
Compensation for pain and suffering cannot be obtained through an insurance policy. You must file a lawsuit in court to claim pain and suffering damages.
If someone else caused the death of your loved one in a car accident, you may be able to get damages through a lawsuit. A lawsuit for wrongful death usually happens when a person wrongfully caused another death but is not guilty of a crime.
If you have injuries that will require treatment in the future, you can get compensation for those. You can claim compensation for the following future expenses:
- Permanent disability
- Future medical care
- Loss of ability to work
What if the Accident Was My Fault?
You may wonder what happens if you caused a car accident. Florida law requires drivers to carry up to $10,000 of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. PIP is also called “No-Fault Insurance.” PIP covers up to $10,000 of property damage. PIP does not cover bodily injuries.
In an accident, both drivers can claim compensation of up to $10,000 from their own PIP insurance. It does not matter who is at fault. If you caused a car accident with no bodily injuries, the other person can claim up to $10,000 from their PIP policy. If damages are more than $10,000 or someone sustained bodily injuries, then the accident victim can claim compensation from your insurance company.
An accident victim may also sue you personally for excess damages and bodily injuries. If you have been in a car accident and you were at fault, contact a Florida Car Accident Attorney as soon as possible to explore your options.
Can I Get Workers’ Compensation After a Car Accident?
Workers’ compensation is a form of benefits for employees who have been injured at work. You may be entitled to workers’ compensation if:
- You were using the car as part of your job.
- You were doing something you normally would in your job.
This does not apply if you were driving to or from work. Ride-share companies like Uber and Lyft typically do not offer workers’ compensation for their drivers. However, some skilled attorneys have challenged this. Contact us if you have been in an accident while driving for Lyft or Uber.
What if I Don’t Have Car Insurance?
In Florida, the law says that drivers must have car insurance. Failure to carry insurance may result in a suspended license and fines.
If the car accident causes injuries, compensation will depend on who is at fault. If you were at fault for the accident and sustained injuries or property damage, you cannot get compensation for your injuries. If the car accident results in bodily injury or more than $10,000 damage of property damage to the other person, you are personally liable for these damages.
If you are an uninsured motorist who was in an accident that was not your fault, you must claim compensation through the other person’s insurance policy.
Contact Our Florida Accident Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been in a Florida auto accident, contact our skilled Tampa Bay Attorneys. We offer a free case evaluation to determine the best plan for you. When dealing with a car accident, you need a skilled legal mind on your side.
Our attorneys work in the following areas:
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Dog Bites Attorney
- Car Accident
- Truck Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Workers Compensation
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Attorney
- School Bus Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Product Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Neck and Back Injury
We have your back. With our attorneys, you get a real person to fight for what you deserve. We help you get back to living your life. Do not deal with insurance companies or the legal system by yourself.
Contact us with any legal questions you have. Your initial consultation is free. We will show you how we can help you.